Well, the first long weekend of summer is officially here. There are plenty of Canada Day celebrations going on in your local city or community and they are either cost very little or are free.
In addition to those, here is a list of activities that should not break the bank for you and your family.
- Picnic in the park or on your back deck
- Bike riding or rollerblading
- Play frisbee, catch, or fly a kite
- Go to the beach to swim and build sandcastles
- Watching the local leagues of soccer or baseball
- Visitng with family and friends
- Volunteering for some of these celebrations over the summer
- Host a potluck barbeque
- Summer reading programs at your library
- Camp in your own backyard
- Run through the sprinklers
- Go hiking on your local trails
- Play with chalk – draw pictures or play hopscotch
- Do a scavenger hunt
The list is really endless. Above all, these activities are not about how much money you spend, but rather the memories that you will have doing these things.
Have a safe and wonderful summer!